Document Title: Reserves Procedures
Applies to: All Students and Faculty
To provide access to resources specifically for Bellevue University classes in print format. Full-time or adjunct faculty may, in accordance with library procedures and copyright guidelines, can place items on reserve for student use.
Faculty Considerations and Criteria for Reserves:
- The reserve collection is designed to serve the needs of students and faculty by more effectively controlling access to materials in special demand for class assignments. Material is placed in the reserve collection at faculty request and circulation is limited to 2 hours
- All materials placed on reserve are subject to compliance with Copyright Law. Please view Bellevue University’s Copyright Policy available at http://libguides.bellevue.edu/copyright/copyrightpolicy.
- Reserve material should be supplied by the instructor.
- Reserve material may include:
- Library books, government documents, and personal or departmental copies.
- Photocopies of journal articles.
- Exams, lecture notes, problem sets, etc.
- A completed reserve request form must be filled out by the course instructor, and must accompany all materials in order for the items to be placed on reserve. Forms are available at the Circulation Desk.
- Reserve materials are removed according to faculty specifications or at the end of each term unless otherwise noted.
- The Senior Circulation Assistant will notify faculty members immediately if reserve items are missing.
Student Considerations and Criteria for Reserves:
- Students should request no more than two items at a time by specifying the instructor name, course name or number, and material type.
- Reserve items cannot leave the Library area. Exceptions can only be made with the verbal or written permission of the faculty member and/or Senior Director, Library Services.
- If a student’s use of a reserve material exceeds the maximum time allotted and another student needs the material, the Library staff reserves the right to recall the item.
- Students may place a hold on material currently in use at the Circulation desk.
- Students are allowed one renewal per rental period, provided no others are waiting for the material.
- Students who damage or lose reserve materials may be charged for its replacement.
Supporting Documentation: Bellevue University Copyright Policy
Keywords: reserve(s), library, faculty, student
Responsible Office: Library
Contact Information: Library
Approved by: Robin Bernstein
Senior Director, Library Services
Effective Date: August 31, 2020
Review Cycle and Dates: This procedure document supersedes previous versions dated
March 26, 2018, June 16, 1997 and June 18, 2018.
Robin Bernstein, Sr. Director, Library Services August 28, 2020