Document Title: Portable DVD Player Procedure
Applies to: All Students, Faculty, Staff, Alumni, and Community Users
To provide persons who use the Library’s portable DVD player with the expected standards of conduct when checking out the player and to encourage their cooperation.
Considerations and Criteria:
- Usage of the portable DVD player at the Bellevue University Library should be consistent with the educational mission of the University.
Authorized users include:
- Bellevue University faculty and staff
- Bellevue University students who are currently registered
- Bellevue University alumni
- Community users (members of the community who have paid for a Community User card)
- Users who wish to check out the portable DVD player must possess two official forms of ID to be held as collateral by the Library while the player is in the user’s possession. Examples of accepted identification include: Bellevue University ID cards, drivers’ licenses, credit cards, and passports.
- The portable DVD player is available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved in advance.
- Before the player is checked out, it is inspected by the Library staff. It must be returned in the same condition as it was when it was checked out.
- Once a patron checks out the player they assume full responsibility for damage and/or theft of the player. The player should never be left unattended or taken from the Library.
- The portable DVD player is checked out for four hours at a time, with one four-hour renewal allowed.
- Late fines accrue at a rate of $1 per hour.
- Basic operational assistance is provided by staff at the Circulation/Reference desk.
- Headphones should be used at all times when viewing or interacting with media that contains audio. Even with headphones, users should set the volume to low levels. Headphones are available at the Circulation/Reference desk for check out.
- The player is provided for academic pursuits. Viewing pornographic material on the player is prohibited. Final determination of appropriate use is at the sole discretion of the Senior Director, Library Services.
- When not in use, the DVD player should remain locked in the Library Office area technology cabinet.
Questions about portable DVD player usage not covered in this procedure should be brought to the attention of the Senior Director, Library Services.
Keywords: DVD player, library, faculty, staff, students, alumni, community user, renewal, headphones
Responsible Office: Library
Contact Information: Library, 402-557-7314
Approved by: Robin Bernstein
Senior Director, Library Services
Effective Date: June 18, 2018
Review Cycle and Dates: This procedure document supersedes previous versions dated July 5, 2016, and March 23, 2018.
Robin Bernstein, Sr. Director, Library Services June 21, 2018