Document Title: Portable Projector Procedure
Applies to: All Students, Faculty, Staff, Alumni, and Community Users
To provide persons who use the Library’s portable projector with the expected standards of conduct when checking out the projector and to encourage their cooperation.
Considerations and Criteria:
- Usage of the portable projector at the Bellevue University Library should be consistent with the educational mission of the University.
Authorized users include:
- Bellevue University faculty and staff
- Bellevue University students who are currently registered
- Bellevue University alumni
- Community users (community members who have paid for a Community User card)
- Users who wish to check out the projector must possess two official forms of ID to be held as collateral by the Library while the projector is in the user’s possession. Examples of accepted identification include: Bellevue University ID cards, drivers’ licenses, credit cards, and passports.
- The portable projector is available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved in advance.
- Before the projector is checked out, it is inspected by the Library staff. It must be returned in the same condition as it was when it was checked out.
- Once a patron checks out the projector they assume full responsibility for damage and/or theft of the projector. The projector should never be left unattended or taken from the Library.
- The portable projector is checked out for four hours at a time, with one four-hour renewal allowed.
- Late fines accrue at a rate of $1 per hour.
- Basic operational assistance is provided by staff at the Circulation/Reference desk.
- The projector is provided for academic pursuits. Viewing pornographic material on the projector is prohibited. Final determination of appropriate use is at the sole discretion of the Senior Director, Library Services.
- When not in use, the projector should remain locked in the cabinets at the Circulation/Reference desk.
Questions about portable projector usage not covered in this procedure should be brought to the attention of the Senior Director, Library Services.
Keywords: portable projector, library, faculty, staff, students, alumni, community user, renewal
Responsible Office: Library
Contact Information: Library, 402-557-7314
Approved by: Robin Bernstein
Senior Director, Library Services
Effective Date: June 18, 2018
Review Cycle and Dates: This procedure document supersedes previous versions dated July 5, 2016, and March 26, 2018.
Robin Bernstein, Sr. Director, Library Services June 21, 2018