Library Materials Circulation Policy
The purpose of the policy/procedure is to establish guidelines for circulating materials; including but not limited to: components of the circulation operation, the identification of materials, patrons, and transactions, combined with the fine and fee structure.
Bellevue University Library patrons are responsible for returning all borrowed items on or before the due date in the same condition as they were received.
1. Bellevue University Students, Alumni, Faculty, and Staff.
2. Community Users
3. Reciprocal Borrowers
General Borrowing Regulations:
1. Patrons should present a valid Bellevue University identification card in order to borrow materials. In cases of forgotten or lost cards, patrons must show photo identification to borrow materials.
2. Borrowing privileges are not transferable
3. All borrowed materials are subject to recall and should be returned by the specified date.
4. Borrowers are responsible for materials checked out until it is returned to the Library
5. Books/Audio Books and DVD’s may be renewed if no one else has requested them provided they are not overdue with fines exceeding $1.00.
6. Additional materials may be borrowed if the patron owes $1.00 or less on their library account.
7. Students, alumni, community users and reciprocal borrowers may have a maximum of fifteen items checked out at a time (faculty and staff are exempt from this policy and may check out more than fifteen items).
Bellevue University students, staff, faculty, alumni, and community users may place a hold on material that is checked out on eCatalog or by contacting the circulation desk. Patrons will be notified when the material has been returned and is available for checkout.
Courtesy Reminder and Overdue Notices:
Lost or Damaged Material:
1. Lost or damaged material must be paid for or replaced by the borrower.
2. See “Lost Library Material Policy.”
Book Loan Periods:
Audio Book Loan Periods:
Audio Book Fines:
DVD Loan Periods:
TV remote controls – Headphones – Dry-erase markers – Computer mice, Webcams for laptops.
Equipment Loan Periods:
Special Equipment Fines:
Suspensions of Borrowing Privileges:
Borrowers who have not returned overdue material(s) and/or have fines outstanding will have their borrowing privileges temporarily suspended until their account is cleared.
Exceptions to this policy are granted only with the permission of the Senior Director, Library Services.
STUDENT GRADES, TRANSCRIPTS AND/OR DIPLOMAS ARE WITHHELD FOR OVERDUE MATERIAL NOT RETURNED, FINES NOT PAID, AND LOST OR DAMAGED MATERIAL NOT PAID.
Copyright Laws and Fair Use Guidelines:
It is our policy to conform and adhere to existing United States Copyright laws and to maintain the highest possible ethical standards in our use of copyrighted materials for instructional purposes. Copies of the law and guidelines are available in the Library.
Revised: September 17, 2014
May 28, 2010