Holds for Student Registration, Temporary Release Procedure
To temporarily release a library hold on BRUN allowing a student to register for class.
Criteria for placing a hold on BRUIN:
1. Declares material is lost but does not replace or pay for the material.
2. Has overdue material for more than 5 weeks.
3. Has damaged or mutilated material beyond repair
4. Owes fines of $10.00 or more.
Process Prior to Releasing a Hold on BRUIN:
1. Check student library account to ensure the hold is still valid.
2. Contact student's Academic Advisor to confirm that the student is actively involved in the registration process enabling them to return to Bellevue University.
3. Prepare documentation and present it to the Senior Director, Library Services.
4. Exceptions will be evaluated and granted on a case-by-case basis by the Senior Director, Library Services.
Process to Release a Hold on BRUIN:
1. All communication between the library and the student will be conducted through the student’s Academic Advisor for the duration of the transaction.
2. The student will be required to sign a promissory note stating that they will meet their library obligation by an agreed upon date.
3. After the promissory note has been signed the hold on the student’s BRUIN account will be released for 24 hours, allowing time to register for class.
4. After the student has registered for class the hold will be placed back onto their BRUIN account and the student’s business office account will be charged the amount owed.
5. Extensions will not be granted once the agreed upon date has expired.
The signing of a promissory note is a one-time exception.
Effective date: July 25, 2011