Provide facsimile transmission of messages in textual format of immediate concern to library administrators, faculty, libraries, staff, and students in a relatively speedy manner.
Fax services are available via the staff copier located in the staff office area in the Freeman/Lozier Library. This machine serves a number of purposes and usage will be coordinated accordingly. Primarily used for library and University business, students needing fax service will be accommodated as schedules/time permits and we reserve the right to terminate service after 3 unsuccessful attempts. Patrons should be encouraged to scan and email documents prior to requesting to fax.
1. Staff may fax materials for students and community users at the following rate:
· local fax -- $1.00/fax
· long distance fax -- $1.00/page
· international fax – $3.00/page
o student/community user must supply country code
2. Payment is due after successful fax transmission.
3. Fax transmission cover sheets are available upon request for free.
4. Members of the staff and faculty are responsible for faxing their own material.
1. Incoming faxes should be distributed immediately to the person to whom they were addressed.
2. Journal articles should always be given to the Interlibrary Loan/Circulation Supervisor and not to a student directly.
3. Unknown faxes should be given to the Senior Director, Library Services for identification.
4. Personal faxes are permissible.
5. Personal incoming faxes for students are not accepted.
Effective date: November 6, 1997
Revised date: February 8, 2013