Human Resources & Payroll Resource Center
A Bellevue University Library Guide
The BNA Human Resources & Payroll Resource Center is the place to go for comprehensive information on human resousrces, employee relations, and workplace issues. This database is not only a great place for the professional but also the human resource management student.
When to Use:
To access the full text of selected federal and state employment laws and related employment regulations.
To learn how to implement and communicate rules and policies, as well as develop training programs in the workplace.
To read the latest surveys on hiring, layoffs, HR budgets, functions, and staffing.
To read current and back issues of the Bulletin to Management newsletter.
To find a wide variety of official forms, notices, and posters related to the workplace.
To find fast answers on a variety of HR issues.
How to Access:
Mouse over Find on the library homepage then click on Databases. Now click on Human Resource & Payroll Resource Center. If off campus, you will be prompted for your BU login. Once you are logged into one database, you are logged into all of them until you close your browser.
How to use:
You can connect to information directly from links on the homepage or by using the search box at the top of the page.
HR Topic Navigator is an easy way to browse content in the HR Library
- Click on one of the 12 broad categories in the main area of the homepage.
- Each major category page contains an expandable list of topics. Click on a to see a list of topics covered under that category.
- Look for the Topic Page icon for the best overview of the topic.
- Links that do not have a Topic Page icon serve as navigation pages to broader, narrower, or related topics for that category.
- Besides the broad categories, you can use the A-Z list in HR Topics by Alphabet to browse many other topics.
State Requirements lets you quickly access requirements by state in all nine aeas of HR. Click on this icon in the left column or scroll further down the column to get started.
- State Quick Reference Charts lets you see at a glance, in table form, the requirements for each state on any area under the nine HR categories. Click on one of the area to view the chart, then click on a state to see that state's requirements in detail.
- State Law Summaries provides access to the HR laws arranged by state or by category. Click on the one you want to investigate.
- State Search lets you select one or multiple states from the drop down menu to view laws in detail.
Other tools in the homepage left column ;
- Fast Answers are available to thousands of Human Resources questions. Type your questionin the search box or browse answers by clicking on a category.
- HR Healthcare Compliance provides detailed information on state and federal laws and regulations.
- HR Practitioners Guide covers all areas of HR thoroughly.and provides forms.
- HR Policy Handbook thoroughly covers HR policies
- Forms, Notices & Posters of all kinds are available for printing after installing form software
- Use the search box at the top of the screen. Enter a word or phrase, then click on the Search button.
- The results page will provide links grouped by type such as Topic Navigator, State Requirements, Analysis, News and Commentary, Laws, Regulations, etc. The number of results retrieved will be in parentheses next to teach category..
- Click on a category and then a document title to view the information.
- Click on Advanced Search, located under the Basic Search box at the top of the screen.
- The Advanced Search screen allows you to specify which resources you wish to include in your search.
- Enter in your search terms, then check the resources you wish to search. You may search all resources at once, or just mark those that are most relevant to your search.
- The results will be displayed according to the categories and resources you choose. Click on the title of the resource you wish to read.
Tips for Using:
- The Site Map provides another useful way to navigate the database. Access it from the navigation bar at the very top of the page.
- All documents provide Print and Save options.